The United Kingdom North East Branch covers an area east of the Pennines which extends from Sheffield and Hull in the South to Northumberland in the North.
The Branch has almost 400 members representing a wide variety of trades and professions who meet to further their common interest in arbitration and ADR as means of effective dispute resolution.
Object of the Institute
To promote and facilitate worldwide the determination of disputes by arbitration, adjudication, mediation and other alternative means of private dispute resolution.
Vision of the Institute
To be a world leader in the promotion and education of professionals involved with arbitration, adjudication, mediation and other forms of dispute resolution.
The aims of the Branch are:
- To promote the resolution of disputes by arbitration, adjudication, mediation and other alternative means of private dispute resolution.
- To afford a means of communication between members of the Branch and others concerned;
- To arrange periodical meetings for the reading of papers, the delivery of lectures,
- holding of demonstrations and generally the acquisition and dissemination of useful information connected with arbitration;
- To afford opportunities for communication among members including the arrangement of social functions;
- To promote a wider knowledge of the law and practice of arbitration.